Copyright and trademarks
VNC Automotive is an unregistered trademark of VNC Automotive Limited. VNC Telematics is an unregistered trademark of RealVNC Limited on licence to VNC Automotive Limited.
VNC and RFB are trademarks of RealVNC Limited and are protected by trademark registrations and/or pending trademark applications in the European Union, United States of America and other jurisdictions. Other trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site https://www.vncautomotive.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to evaluate our products, purchasing our products, subscribing to our mailing list, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL/TLS technology and your card details are not stored on our systems. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or the products and services it provides, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
With your consent, we may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by e-mail. We will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, or simply do not sign up for services such as our mailing list.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If VNC Automotive Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of VNC Automotive Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Terms and Conditions
These “Terms and Conditions,” along with the below “Privacy Notice,” explain how we will process your personal data for the purposes of our recruitment procedure. You can either accept or decline these terms and conditions. If you decide to accept, we can continue with the recruitment process; however, if you decline, then unfortunately the recruitment process will come to an end.
We may amend this document at any time to reflect changes to the law or where we otherwise need to update our procedures. If we make any substantial changes, we will notify you of these on our website.
You may withdraw your application at any time if you wish.
“Personal data” is information relating to you as a living, identifiable individual.
This notice explains how VNC Automotive Ltd. will collect, use or process your data.
The purposes and legal basis for processing your personal data
We will use your personal data to undertake our recruitment processes and consider your application.
The legal basis for processing your personal data in this way, is due to our interest in recruiting and retaining quality employees.
If you do not provide personal data that we have requested as part of the recruitment process; we may have no choice but to reject your application.
What information may we hold about you?
If you apply for a vacancy with VNC Automotive Ltd., in addition to providing your name and contact information, you will be asked to provide information about:
- The role you are interested in
- Previous employment experience
- Salary expectations
- Notice period
- Immigration status
We may also receive information about you from external providers (e.g. recruitment agencies), who are involved in the recruitment process and from your referees. As part of the recruitment process, we may produce information about you whilst evaluating your application.
Our use of your sensitive personal data when you enter our recruitment process
Sensitive personal data is personal data consisting of information as to:
- your racial or ethnic origin;
- your political opinions;
- your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;
- whether you are a member of a trade union;
- your physical or mental health or condition;
- your sexual life;
- the commission or alleged commission by you of any offence, or
- any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
To comply with relevant legal or regulatory obligations, or if we need to seek confidential legal advice, it may be a requirement for us to process some sensitive personal data. For example, this could be checking your entitlement to work in the UK; or making reasonable adjustments for applicants with disabilities to attend an interview.
If you send us any information which includes your “sensitive personal data;” you are giving your consent for us to process that data when administrating our recruitment process. This data will only be used to the extent necessary.
Sharing your data and who will see or use it
We may need to share relevant personal data in order to obtain legal advice or to comply with our insurance or legal obligations. For example, we may be required to provide relevant information to our insurers, legal advisors or to a court/tribunal.
Your personal data will be seen and used by employees who are involved in the recruitment process; this will include the Hiring Managers, HR and the CEO. In the case where roles are based outside of the UK, we may also ask applicants to attend face to face interview with an external consultant who assists us with our recruitment process. In this scenario, we will send your personal data (e.g. a copy of your CV) to the external consultant before the interview.
Transferring your data to other countries
Whilst undertaking the activities referred to above, we may be required to transfer your data to other countries, which may not have the same legal protections for your data as the UK.
Where data is being transferred outside of the European Economic Area, we will undertake precautions to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected in accordance with UK legal requirements.
How long will we keep your data?
On acceptance of an offer of employment with VNC Automotive, a personnel file will be created where your personal data will be held. All data will be processed and stored in accordance with our policies.
If you are unsuccessful, withdraw, or you decide to decline an offer of employment with us; we will retain your personal data for a period of 12 months from the date of your initial application. This is so we can make you are of any possible roles that you may be interested in. If you do not wish us to do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org advising that you would like your data to be removed from our database.
This policy is reviewed periodically and may be amended in accordance with changes in law, regulation or best practice; this may mean that the periods for storage specified in it may alter.
If legal or regulatory proceedings require, or where proceedings are already underway where the data may be required; we may be obliged to suspend any planned destruction of personal data until those proceedings have completed.
Anonymised data may be retained for a longer period to support with our recruitment procedures; such as information on where applicants saw vacancies.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request copies of the personal data we hold about you. If you wish to obtain a copy of your personal data, you may contact us by post at VNC Automotive Ltd. Betjeman House, 104 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1LQ.
You are entitled to ask for us to stop processing your data or for your data to be erased; you also have the right to ask for inaccuracies in your data to be corrected. We reserve the right to discuss with you why we may not comply with a request as some of these rights are not automatic.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please use the following contact point: email@example.com.
If you believe that we have not complied with any of our obligations under data protection laws in the UK, please let us know. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.