Graduate Software Engineer
We are looking for enthusiastic, talented, and committed graduates to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for graduates to apply a strong academic background in a vibrant professional setting. You will be working on the design and implementation of the very latest in smartphone and embedded software products as part of VNC Automotive technology, including our offering of industry standard technologies such as Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, as well as innovative proprietary in-car solutions for multimedia, productivity and even gaming. You will see your work directly impact end-users around the world.
– have demonstrable experience of designing and developing software.
– have strong C++ development skills.
– in addition, code with at least one of Java, C, and/or Python.
– have an understanding of network programming, protocol design, user interface design, compression, security and multithreaded programming.
– have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results.
– have a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science, at least 2:1 level.
– are a highly self-motivated individual who enjoys working within a team.
As well as the above, if you have any desired experience below then we’d like to know about it!
– developing for Android, iOS or embedded platforms.
– multimedia technology; e.g. set top boxes, TV sticks, streaming services, writing codecs, performance optimisation (image quality, audio-video sync, latency).
– working on software projects or embedded hardware projects as a hobby/for fun, such as writing smartphone apps, games, web content or smart IOT solutions (e.g. on Raspberry Pi).
– language skills (French, German, Italian, Japanese and/or Mandarin, would be highly beneficial, but not essential).
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing company with a recognised global, and with huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to your qualifications and experience. We also offer generous benefits including contributory pension, discounted gym memberships and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post (35-hours per week), based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible home/office working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply, simply complete and submit the form below.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Marcus, Technical Lead (Engineering)
“It’s a great time to join the Engineering team here at VNC Automotive – there are plenty of exciting new projects in the pipeline, and we’re expanding to meet the high demand. You’ll be joining a diverse, multi-talented group of developers and testers, working with code and technology at all levels of the software stack. If you’re interested in tackling a broad range of technical challenges as part of a supportive team, then do get in touch with us.”
Hills Road where we are based is easily accessible from all major routes into Cambridge. If approaching from Station Road turn left at the T-junction traffic lights, then immediately right into the car park. From the Addenbrookes end of Hills Road continue over the Clifton Way bridge, passed Brooklands Avenue and then turn left immediately after the Flying Pig. From Regent Street continue over the cross road onto Hills Road, turn right immediately after Botanic House (the curved glass fronted building). We’re on the second floor of Betjeman House so just buzz in and come on up.
We have a limited number of allocated parking spaces so please let us know if you’ll be arriving by car.
We are a 5-minute walk from Cambridge train station, follow Station Road and you will then reach a T-junction where Station Road meets Hills Road. Cross the road and our office in Betjeman House is set back from the road slightly, in between the Flying Pig and Botanic House (the curved glass fronted building). We’re on the second floor of Betjeman House so just buzz in and come on up.
+44 (0) 1223 737200