We’re looking for an experienced, committed and talented Business Development Executive with direct experience of business development within the software, IT or related service industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced executive to join our highly successful team and take an active role in growing our global brand.
This role covers a wide range of vertical markets including mobile operators, handset vendors, Automotive OEMs and equipment suppliers. You’ll be working closely with the management team, shaping business strategy, establishing strong and trusting relationships with key partners, preparing compelling value propositions and customer proposals, developing business models, negotiating commercial terms and closing deals. There is considerable scope for innovation and introducing new product ideas.
Successful candidates are likely to have good technical knowledge, an appreciation of formation of partnerships, channel sales and OEM deal-making. You must possess demonstrable business skills, show adaptability, flexibility and a desire to work on a broad range of business initiatives. You must have a strong can-do attitude with the desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies and be motivated by seeing results deployed widely in real-life applications.
The role involves global travel, including Europe, Japan, China and the USA. There will be a mix of visiting our extensive customer base and new prospects; presenting at conferences and representing VNC Automotive at trade shows.
- have demonstrable experience in consultative selling within a technology business sector
- have first-hand experience of technology licensing, including contract negotiation
- have experience of preparing value propositions and commercial proposals
- possess strong problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail and a drive to deliver results
- have excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- have sector experience in at least Software, Mobile or Automotive industry
- have experience of selling to global blue-chip companies and start-up organisations, with an appreciation of the cultural differences in Europe, USA and the Far East
- have a relevant degree (or equivalent) ideally within a technical, business or numerate subject
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- detailed knowledge of the sales cycle process, lead qualification, remote customer acquisition, using telephone and email
- experience in strategy development and business modelling, including creation of channel sales
- an understanding of market mapping techniques, business intelligence, target identification and qualification
- prior knowledge of management and business consulting process, selling projects and development services would be advantageous
- willingness to travel to customer meetings to run product demonstrations and represent VNC Automotive at trade shows and conferences globally
- foreign language skills would be beneficial
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply, simply complete and submit the form below.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.