Business Development Executive
We’re looking for a dynamic Business Development Executive to help us grow our business and achieve new heights.
We’re looking for an experienced, committed, and talented Business Development Executive with direct experience of business development within the software, IT or related service industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced executive to join our highly successful team and take an active role in growing our global brand.
This role covers a wide range of vertical markets including mobile operators, handset vendors, Automotive OEMs, and equipment suppliers. You’ll be working closely with the management team, shaping business strategy, establishing strong and trusting relationships with key partners, preparing compelling value propositions and customer proposals, developing business models, negotiating commercial terms, and closing deals. There is considerable scope for innovation and introducing new product ideas.
Successful candidates are likely to have good technical knowledge, an appreciation of formation of partnerships, channel sales, and OEM deal-making. You must possess demonstrable business skills, show adaptability, flexibility, and a desire to work on a broad range of business initiatives. You must have a strong can-do attitude with the desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies and be motivated by seeing results deployed widely in real-life applications.
The role involves global travel, including Europe, Asia, and the USA. There will be a mix of visiting our extensive customer base and new prospects, presenting at conferences, and representing VNC Automotive at trade shows.
• have demonstrable experience in consultative selling within a technology business sector.
• have first-hand experience of technology licensing, including contract negotiation.
• have experience of preparing value propositions and commercial proposals.
• possess strong problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail and a drive to deliver results.
• have excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• have sector experience in at least Software, Mobile or Automotive industry.
• have experience of selling to global blue-chip companies and start-up organisations, with an appreciation of the cultural differences in Europe, USA and the Far East.
• have a relevant degree (or equivalent) ideally within a technical, business or numerate subject.
• detailed knowledge of the sales cycle process, lead qualification, remote customer acquisition, using telephone and email.
• experience in strategy development and business modelling, including creation of channel sales.
• an understanding of market mapping techniques, business intelligence, target identification and qualification.
• prior knowledge of management and business consulting process, selling projects and development services would be advantageous.
• willingness to travel to customer meetings, to run product demonstrations and represent VNC Automotive at trade shows and conferences globally.
• foreign language skills would be beneficial, particularly Koreon and/or other Asian languages.
This role offer a unique opportunity to join our Business Development/Technical Sales team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand, and with great potential and vision. If you are successful, you will be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, and private dental and medical care.
At VNC Automotive we believe in a healthy work/life balance. This is a full-time post (35-hours per week), based in our Cambridge office but featuring flexible home/office working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply, simply complete and submit the form below.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Tom, Chief Executive Officer
“As a Business Development Executive you will work with a huge variety of leading automotive OEMs, equipment suppliers, handset vendors and mobile operators – all whilst travelling the world! You will work closely with the whole of the management team; shaping strategy and establishing robust and trusting partnerships with customers and prospects. This role will also take the lead in preparing compelling value propositions, proposals, developing business models, negotiating terms and closing deals. It is a hugely dynamic and exciting role, and we look forward to hearing from you!”
We’re based at St John’s Innovation Centre within the Cambridge Science Park, easily accessed from the A14. There is plenty of unallocated parking on-site; please let us know if you are planning to drive and we will advise you of the best location to park your vehicle.
We are a 20-minute walk from Cambridge North train station. Turn right down Milton Avenue and follow the path onto Cowley Road, follow Cowley Road round to the right and after approx. 500 metres, you will find St John’s Innovation park on your left.
+44 (0) 1223 737200