Our immediate expansion plans offer an opportunity for several talented engineers to join our highly successful team and take an active role in delivering world-class connected car solutions.
With responsibility for both, supporting our customer with technical integration of our core software into their products; and prototyping new product features and demos, these roles offer the opportunity to developer you career at VNC Automotive at an accelerated pace within a wide range of vertical markets, including Mobile Operators, Handset Vendors, Enterprise Solutions and Automotive Sectors. There will also be opportunities for global travel to the Far East, USA and around Europe.
These roles include research and development with cutting-edge technology, such as the very latest versions of Android (prior to public release), newest silicon and devices not yet available in the market. They require a keen interest in software development, possibly with some experience on embedded and/or mobile platforms, and a dynamic, outgoing attitude. You’ll collaborate with other members of the team, learning from the best.
You'll work closely with our customers to understand their requirements and prescribe technical solutions. You’ll prepare and conduct technology demonstrations, researching technical solutions and rapid prototyping of applications; tailored to meet the customer’s individual needs. As your career grows at VNC Automotive, you can expect to learn about agile project management, requirements gathering, defining and agreeing specifications, and producing compelling commercial proposals, supporting the on-going development of our product roadmaps.
Your skills and experience should include:
- a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science.
- have a strong can-do attitude and an intelligent approach to problem solving.
- possess a desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies, and get a buzz out of seeing the results deployed widely in real world applications.
- have experience in C/C++ or Java; multi-threading and software targeted for cross-platform use.
- have some familiarity with Linux toolchains and Android build-systems.
- have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to run product demonstrations and presentations to customers
- are willing to travel as required (but not excessive), including Europe, USA, Asia and the Far East
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results.
- An interest in the commercial side of the software industry, e.g. the sales-cycle process, customer support, networking and building professional relationships.
- The ability to interpret and relay customer requirements.
- Demonstrable know-how of modern software and devices, and where the markets are heading.
- A confident, professional personality and style, able to present at customer meetings, seminars, training sessions and trade shows
- Foreign language skills in French, German, Italian, Japanese or Chinese or similar would be highly beneficial but not essential
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply for this role, simply complete and submit the form below and we will get in contact as soon as possible.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.