Working in the test team you’ll be involved in testing our Automotive and Mobile software.
Testing tasks vary and include understanding requirements, writing test documentation, coding automated tests, machine/test environment setup, interoperability testing and bug reporting.
Our software is designed for automotive and mobile application developers and is delivered as an SDK. Testing is carried out on the SDK and on sample applications.
The software runs on desktop PCs and on embedded devices such as smartphones and development boards. We test a variety of operating systems including Linux, Android, OS X and iOS.
Our core technology allows end-users to remote control their mobile device from their vehicle’s dashboard screen, giving them access to phone applications such as Maps and Music in a drive-safe way. Our software also supports car and cloud connectivity for example to enable the driver to access helpdesk and concierge services securely.
We value the input of everyone in the team and think the technology is innovative with the work being interesting and challenging. You will be expected to be highly motivated and have a can-do approach to your work. In exchange, you will have an excellent opportunity to develop your software testing knowledge and gain experience with a wide range of operating systems and technologies in the Automotive, Embedded and Mobile space and influence the quality of the software from an early stage. We work closely with other testers and developers within the team so help and guidance is never far away.
- are either a recent computing graduate or have a years’ experience in a testing position
- are comfortable programming in Python, Perl, Java or a similar language
- keen to begin a career in software testing and a strong desire to build your knowledge and skillset
- have the ability to pick things up quickly and a passion for technology
- are familiar with operating systems other than Windows, e.g. macOS, Linux, or other UNIX
- you’re highly motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a wider team
- communicate technical ideas clearly, with excellent written and spoken English
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- You’ve had some experience with testing / development of embedded software for automotive platforms or mobile devices
- You have a general understanding of the technologies that underpin the internet, and how they work
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply for this role, simply complete and submit the form below and we will get in contact as soon as possible.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.