IT Systems Administrator
As an experienced IT Professional, you will be technically confident, have demonstrable experience managing a live production environment and have the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. You will be part of the management team playing a key role in shaping the company and ensuring the IT infrastructure is fit for purpose. This is a hands-on role, and as we grow, you will be responsible for building and leading the IT team. This role offers fantastic opportunities to expand your professional career delivering world-class automotive solutions.
The responsibilities of this role include:
▪ Management of all development, test, internal and live servers
▪ Management of our VMWare clusters
▪ Management of all storage, network and firewall infrastructure
▪ Management of our Atlassian services (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
▪ Administration of our Windows domain
▪ Management of our Office 365 services
▪ Ensuring a high reliability and availability of business systems
▪ Active involvement in the design process of an exciting range of new online services
▪ On-going administration responsibilities for new online services
▪ Providing general day-to-day IT support for our team
Your skills and experience should include:
▪ Demonstrable experience administering multiple servers including the following technologies:
– Linux Server and Desktop (Ubuntu 16.0.4+)
– Microsoft Windows Server (2016), Windows Desktops (7 to Win 10)
– Virtualisation Hypervisors including VMWare vSphere
– X86 based server hardware management
– Atlassian applications (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
– Scripting in Bash, PowerShell or Python would be desirable.
▪ Demonstrable experience administering networks utilising the following technologies:
– IP addressing, subnet masks & basic routing principles
– Layer 2 network administration including VLANs & STP
– Firewall Management (experience of FortiOS would be beneficial)
▪ Demonstrable experience of managing a NetApp based storage infrastructure (including SnapMirror and SnapCenter)
▪ Knowledge of Continuous Integration processes and systems e.g. Jenkins
▪ Knowledge of Configuration Management e.g. Ansible
▪ The ability to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
▪ The ability to manage multiple tasks and use initiative and judgement to take ownership for their successful completion within project deadlines.
▪ Demonstrable ability to think critically, work through problems logically and use skills and experience to troubleshoot unknown issues.
▪ Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing, globally recognised company with an exciting future and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post (only 35 hours per week), based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexibility working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply, simply complete and submit the form below.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Deok, Business Development Manager
“Thank you for checking out this role. As Business Development Executive you work with a huge variety of leading automotive OEMs, equipment suppliers, handset vendors and mobile operators. You also get to travel the world doing so. I work closely with our CEO and management teams, shaping strategy and establishing robust and trusting partnerships with customers and prospects. This role will also take the lead in preparing compelling value propositions, proposals, developing business models, negotiating terms and closing deals. It is a hugely dynamic and exciting role, and we hope to hear from you.”
Hills Road where we are based is easily accessible from all major routes into Cambridge. If approaching from Station Road turn left at the T-junction traffic lights, then immediately right into the car park. From the Addenbrookes end of Hills Road continue over the Clifton Way bridge, passed Brooklands Avenue and then turn left immediately after the Flying Pig. From Regent Street continue over the cross road onto Hills Road, turn right immediately after Botanic House (the curved glass fronted building). We’re on the second floor of Betjeman House so just buzz in and come on up.
We have a limited number of allocated parking spaces so please let us know if you’ll be arriving by car.
We are a 5-minute walk from Cambridge train station, follow Station Road and you will then reach a T-junction where Station Road meets Hills Road. Cross the road and our office in Betjeman House is set back from the road slightly, in between the Flying Pig and Botanic House (the curved glass fronted building). We’re on the second floor of Betjeman House so just buzz in and come on up.
+44 (0) 1223 737200