Graduate Technical Consultant
This is a fantastic opportunity for talented engineers to join our highly successful team as we continue to expand our comprehensive and popular product portfolio into new markets and sectors. With responsibility for supporting both business development and our customers with technical integration of our core software and hardware (Cobalt Cube®) solutions into their products, we offer the opportunity to develop your career at VNC Automotive at an accelerated pace within a wide range of vertical markets, including emergency services, multimedia and entertainment spaces, and automotive sectors. There will also be opportunities for global travel, especially to North America, the Far East and throughout Europe.
The work involves a significant amount of research and development with cutting-edge technology, such as the latest versions of Android (embedded and mobile) and iOS (prior to public release), the newest silicon and devices not yet available in the market. You will be enocuraged to develop new ideas that have the potential to become our next products. It requires a keen interest in software development and a dynamic, outgoing attitude. You will collaborate with other members of the team – learning from the best.
You will work closely with our customers to understand their project’s needs, prepare, and conduct technology demonstrations (including rapid prototyping of applications) and prescribe technical solutions. As your career grows at VNC Automotive, you can expect to learn about agile project management, producing compelling commercial proposals and supporting the on-going development of our product roadmaps.
Your skills and experience should include:
– A relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science.
– Have a strong can-do attitude and an intelligent approach to problem solving.
– Possess a desire to deliver cutting-edge solutions to major companies, and get a buzz out of seeing your work directly impact end-users all around the world.
– Have experience in C/C++ and/or Java and software targeted for cross-platform use.
– Possess an understanding of networking programming, protocol design, compression, security, and multithreaded programming.
– Have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to run product demonstrations and presentations to customers.
– Are willing to travel as required (but not excessively, typically a few times a year for up to a week at a time), including UK, Europe, North America and the Far East.
As well as the above, if you have any of the desired experience below then we would like to know about it!
– Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results.
– An interest in the commercial side of the software industry, e.g. the sales-cycle process, customer support, networking, and building professional relationships.
– Multimedia technology in the context of set top boxes, streaming services, writing codecs and performance optimisation.
– A confident, professional personality and style, able to present our technology to a technical audience at customer meetings, seminars, training sessions, and trade shows.
– Working on software projects or embedded hardware projects as a hobby/just for fun, such as writing mobile apps, games, web content or smart IoT solutions (e.g. on Raspberry Pi).
– Foreign language skills in Japanese, Chinese, Korean, German or French, would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
We are offering a unique opportunity to join our team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and great potential and vision. If you are successful, you will be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible home/office working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply, simply complete and submit the form below.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Agustin, Sales Engineering Director
“Hi, I’m Agustin and I head up our Sales Engineering team. We work closely with our customers and partners, all over the world, to help them integrate our technology into their products and launch them into the market. Our role is very dynamic as we are a nimble company that can react quickly to the constantly changing automotive trends. We may be debugging complex issues, developing exciting proof-of-concepts or porting our software to new platforms. Or we may be abroad exhibiting at an industry event, supporting our sales team or working side-by-side with our customer’s engineers at their offices. It’s a great team to be part of so we look forward to hearing from you.”
We’re based at St John’s Innovation Centre within the Cambridge Science Park, easily accessed from the A14. There is plenty of unallocated parking on-site; please let us know if you are planning to drive and we will advise you of the best location to park your vehicle.
We are a 20-minute walk from Cambridge North train station. Turn right down Milton Avenue and follow the path onto Cowley Road, follow Cowley Road round to the right and after approx. 500 metres, you will find St John’s Innovation park on your left.
+44 (0) 1223 737200