This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced programmer to take an active role in delivering a variety of world-class wired- and wireless- vehicle connectivity solutions to a significant number of automotive manufacturers, equipment suppliers and mobile phone vendors.
As part of a dynamic, fast-paced team, you’ll help create screen mirroring, remote access, telematics and other vehicle communications technologies on embedded and mobile platforms.
We adopt an agile, process-light approach to development within a consultative, collaborative and technically strong team. We use Test Driven Development, continuous integration, opt-in peer review and as much automation as we can muster.
The work is interesting and technically challenging and with a varied pipeline of innovative projects and a growth mindset you will be able to take on new skills and develop your career at an accelerated pace.
- have extensive experience of developing C++ software for Linux or Android
- have a strong understanding of OS internals, including system architectures, kernel mechanisms, Inter-Process/Thread Communications and synchronisation
- are experienced in debugging and analysis of networking and multithreaded applications
- have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- are highly self-motivated, with a positive attitude and enjoy working in a team
- are degree educated from a top tier university in Computer Science or similar
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Linux toolchains and Android build-systems
- Java and JNI, especially on Android (ideally with NDK experience)
- protocol design, compression or security
- creating and maintaining development toolkits, pluggable components and reference applications
- developing cross-platform solutions
- iOS development, particularly in Objective-C
- scripting in bash or Python
- performance optimisation
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply for this role, simply complete and submit the form below and we will get in contact as soon as possible.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.