This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Engineers to take an active role in expanding our global brand by developing software for the significant and growing number of mobile phone vendors, tier 1 equipment suppliers and automotive manufacturers who license our core technology and embed it within their products.
As part of a fast-paced team, you’ll help create the latest generation of VNC Automotive technology targeted for use within the automotive sector by creating and maintaining SDKs, pluggable components and reference applications. The work is interesting and challenging; with new projects constantly in the pipeline we’re always at the leading edge of what’s possible with the newest technologies available. This, combined with the scope for innovation and the introduction of new product ideas, means there is potential to develop your career as an Embedded Software Engineer at VNC Automotive at an accelerated pace. There are also opportunities for occasional global travel, including Europe, USA, Japan and China, should this be of interest to you.
- have demonstrable experience of developing C++ software for any of the following embedded operating systems: Linux, Android, QNX, Windows Automotive, Windows CE, µItron, Genivi Applied
- have an understanding of networking programming, protocol design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- have experience in creating and maintaining development toolkits, pluggable components and reference applications
- are a team player who is also happy working autonomously, and enjoy considerable responsibility within your work
- have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skills
- have a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Experience in customer-facing situations
- Language skills (French, German, Italian and/or Japanese and Mandarin would be highly beneficial but not essential)
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply for this role, simply complete and submit the form below and we will get in contact as soon as possible.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.