You’ll be testing software that enables secure, remote access to mobile devices from desktop, embedded and automotive platforms. The software is designed for automotive and mobile application developers and OEM partners and is delivered as an SDK.
Your skills will make you a natural choice to focus on automated testing. You’ll be writing test code and adding functionality to our existing Python-based test framework, and native test harnesses. You’ll also be able to play a part in other types of testing, covering the entire life-cycle from requirements analysis to regression testing.
You’ll be part of a dedicated team of testers, and will report to the Lead Software Test Engineer. The work is interesting and challenging, and you will be expected to make a full and significant contribution. In exchange, you will enjoy considerable responsibility, and get a chance to influence the quality of the software from an early stage.
- are happy writing code to test software, without relying on expensive test automation tools such as QTP
- know how to get tests and test frameworks running in Python or C
- have some experience of testing commercial software, including a passion to understand how technology works, and an ability to use that knowledge to cause software to fail in interesting ways
- are confident with at least one desktop operating system, e.g. Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X
- can demonstrate an ability for assimilating new technologies and technical ideas, and can effectively communicate these ideas to others with excellent written and spoken English
- you're able to work well both independently, and as part of a wider product team
- you have a good computer science or similar relevant degree (or equivalent qualification)
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- you've had previous experience with developing test automation frameworks from scratch
- you've had some experience with testing/development of embedded software or software for mobile devices
- you have an ability to demonstrate good automated test development practices, including knowing when test automation isn't appropriate
- you have knowledge of other scripting languages in addition to Python or C such as Perl, C# or Ruby
- you have a general understanding of the technologies that underpin the internet, and how they work
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply, simply complete and submit the form below.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.